We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › Looking for some help with wireless recording
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Looking for some help with wireless recording (Read 960 times)
Looking for some help with wireless recording
Apr 1st, 2010, 2:19am

Ok this is a hardware problem, related to wireless audio recording with Processing.

I have spent the last few weeks playing around with Ess and Minim. Using FFT analysis as part of a student design competition I am entering. Details aside, I am looking for a wireless mic solution! I suspect you guys are the people to ask.

Here is what im looking for...
- I must be able to control it through processing using the wireless signal (turn record on and off)
- It must record at high quality
- Preferably it is compact
- costs < 80$

This is the best I can find is the USB logitec wireless game mic for PS3, XBOX etc. (sorry i cannot post links yet - just google it)

Not really compact, and I have NO CLUE how i would control it with processing or if it is even possible. Wat do you think?

Any other products, hacks or options I am unaware of?

Re: Looking for some help with wireless recording
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2010, 4:02am

Actually, I think you just need a wireless transmitter/receiver system that can be plugged into your soundcard. Processing won't care if it's wireless or not as long as it can listen to the soundcard input.

But I am not sure of the price, and I'm not sure it will fit your needs as I don't understand what you mean by :

Quote:
- I must be able to control it through processing using the wireless signal (turn record on and off)
Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2010, 4:48am

the entire system has to be automated, thus the processing code must allow the mic to record, save and load the sounds autonomously.
Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2010, 9:00am

OK. You're talking about two different things then : software - "the entire system has to be automated" - and hardware - "I am looking for a wireless mic solution".

You don't need a wireless mic to build the software, you can do that with a regular mic. Later, you can use a wireless mic if you want without changing your software. Just get a stand-alone wireless system.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1