We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › Sonia library functions - Length and Speed
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Sonia library functions - Length and Speed? (Read 1208 times)
Sonia library functions - Length and Speed?
Mar 30th, 2010, 3:03am

Hi,
I just started using the Sonia library for Processing recently and am really impressed. I just wondered if a couple of things were possible with it as I can't figure them out.

1 - Record a sample if dynamic length.
I've got a start recording and stop recording button, to record microphone input. I want to loop the recording, but want the loop to be only as long as the recording is. Currently I think I have to set the total length of the sample before the recording starts, and can't find a way to trim it down - or set loop points, so it will only play the section which has audio in it. So it will play back my recording, but also the amount of empty time at the end of the sample. Is there any way to get around this?

2 - setRate() and setSpeed().
I'd like to be able to set these to negatives, so the samples can play backwards as well as forwards. Or alternativley reverse the sample and then control their speed as normal. Is this possible?

If you could give me any advice or steer me in the right direction, that would be awesome.
Thanks.
Re: Sonia library functions - Length and Speed?
Reply #1 - Mar 31st, 2010, 2:19pm

Anyone any ideas? I'm pretty stuck on this.
Cheers.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1