We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › how to change bluetooth library
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
how to change bluetooth library (Read 621 times)
how to change bluetooth library
Mar 17th, 2010, 1:05pm

I am working with bluetoothDesktop and trying to change the library it is using for bluetooth connections. I followed the instructions and changed the export.txt but it seems processing is using bluecove 2.1.0 from the wrj4p5 library installation.
 I have tried moving and renaming the bluecove-2.1.0.jar but processing still uses it. Anyone know how to change which library processing sees?
Re: how to change bluetooth library
Reply #1 - Mar 18th, 2010, 1:36am

Unless the new library is using exactly the same packages and class names, you need to recode your sketch to use it. I don't see how there could be a conflict otherwise.
BTW, I didn't know the export.txt file. Where did you find these instructions You shouldn't need to manipulate this file to install a simple library.

Ah, found it in Library Basics which are instructions to build libraries, not to use them. Instructions on usage are in the Libraries page. As I guessed, you should not mess with export.txt, which is made by the library creator.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1