We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpVideo Capture,  Movie Playback,  Vision Libraries › video playback and size() consideration
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
video playback and size() consideration (Read 591 times)
video playback and size() consideration
Mar 14th, 2010, 4:43am

Hi there,
I'm having peculiar issues with the size() of my papplet when I'm playing videos.
I'm using the standard Processing library, and even when I use one of processing examples, but change the size() to a number that's different from 640,480 or 800,600, the video won't play.

is there something I should now about size() and video playback?
I tried to look it up in the forum or Movie class documentation, but there seems to be no mention of something like that.

Also, I'm on Windows7,
so, as explained in the reference of the video library, i decided to stick with WinVDIG 1.0.1.

thank you in advance,

--
Laura
Re: video playback and size() consideration
Reply #1 - Mar 15th, 2010, 1:16am

probably the code you're trying uses 'width' and 'height' to configure the video object at some point, so, if you modify size(), you also modify the video object aspect ratio, causing the crash.

if you staticaly initialize your video object at ie. 640x480, then you could set size to whatever values you want.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1