We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsWebsite,  Documentation,  Book Bugs › I can't login processing bugzilla.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
I can't login processing bugzilla. (Read 4355 times)
I can't login processing bugzilla.
Mar 5th, 2010, 10:40pm

Today, I can't login processing bugzilla.
I forgot my password at bugzilla and sent password reset request from bugzilla.
I enter mail address as a user name and I entered new password which set at bugizlla password reset form. But I can't login.

After I saw this discourse, I noticed that I can login bugzilla with same password. I checked I can login in this discourse, but I can't login bugzilla with same password.(I entered my username as e-mail address.) I think bugzilla user db and discourse user db is not same. Could you please fix it ?
Re: I can't login processing bugzilla.
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2010, 5:36am

the problem should now be fixed.
Reply #2 - Mar 29th, 2010, 10:24am

I seem to have this problem too. I've never logged into bugzilla before, but my discourse email/username and password don't work. If I request a password change, the page says that there is no account with that username.

Chris
Reply #3 - Apr 2nd, 2010, 6:26am

I have the same exact error  Shocked
Reply #4 - Apr 3rd, 2010, 7:27am

Hi, after I read fry's fix, but I can't login buggzilla.
This problem is not fixed but I found a workaround.

1. Send password request  from Discourse.
2. Get mail from Discourse password url and login with a new password to discourse. (Discourse will generate random password. Please memo it somewhere.)
3. Go Processing bugzilla website and request  password reset.
4. Get mail from bugzilla and click bugizilla reset link and set a password that is same Discourse's password.

Please try it.
Reply #5 - Apr 29th, 2010, 4:12am

Hi,

I've just signed up on Discourse, in order to get bugzilla access, but Bugzilla doesn't recognise my username (email) for login or password reset.

Is there a delay between signing up to discourse and bugzilla getting the account details?

Cheers,
Dave.
Reply #6 - May 1st, 2010, 1:50pm

takashi.m, your fix did not work for me Sad

in the mean time, if somebody would be willing to make a post in the bug database on my behalf please let me know.
Reply #7 - May 2nd, 2010, 12:17am

I've been working on this today an i hope i squashed the bug. One problem that remains is that your accounts might not have been synced to (or even created for) bugzilla earlier. To resolve this please login to bugzilla once with your __private discourse name__ ( the one in white at the top of your edit profile page).

Please let me know if this works for you!
F
Reply #8 - May 2nd, 2010, 9:10am

Perfect!
Could log in no problem now.

You might want to change the bit of text next to the log in window that says to log in with your email address..

Thanks!
Reply #9 - May 2nd, 2010, 10:57am

well .. you can log in with both. at least as long as you use the password that is stored in the bugzilla db.

thanks for reporting back!
F
Reply #10 - May 10th, 2010, 1:40am

fjen wrote on May 2nd, 2010, 12:17am:
Please let me know if this works for you!
F

Ah, yes - that worked, thanks!

It took me a while to see the private username, so for anyone who encounters this thread, it's white text on a grey background, with a little contact book icon on the left.

Quote:
Edit my Profile (<thisname>)

Cheers,
Dave.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1