We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Problem updateing forum-profil (Read 2226 times)
Problem updateing forum-profil
Mar 3rd, 2010, 1:35am

I can't update my forum profile (the page with the signature.)
Even if I do not change anything "saving" will come up with an error of an "unknown/invalid character in my user-pic." I don't have a user pic, or signature and wouldn't even know wher to enter it...
Also: If I type anything into the signature box, it gets deleted after a second.

I do not want to change my sig. or a picture, but I DO want to turn on the "Notify me of new Notifications by eMail?" opition, and I can't because saving the setting doesn't work... HELP!
Re: Problem updateing forum-profil
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2010, 12:39pm

As of 9 March, I removed the option for new users to have a profile. We had problems with people putting inappropriate links there. We felt it was necessary. I think the bug you experienced was a part of an intermediate step in this transition.
Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2010, 3:33am

I do understand this and I don't care about having a "profile" (-although I do ?-), but the problem is still there for me. I can't switch on the email-notifications because I can not save my settings because of the "noprofile-hack".
Can you change this for me then, or will it be "repaired" at a later state?
Reply #3 - Apr 6th, 2010, 1:59am

Still having the same issue.
But in addtion - and I think it is the same cause - I can not post anything with the "Add to your Favourites" checkbox checked. I always get an error message and the message is not posted.

Quote:
Error: Untrapped Error :
Died at ./Sources/Favorites.pl line 384.
Reply #4 - Apr 21st, 2010, 4:58pm

I made some modifications. Please check and let me know what happens.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1