We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentCore,  Processing Development Environment (PDE) › Having trouble with "Export Application" (Windows)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Having trouble with "Export Application" (Windows) (Read 5437 times)
Having trouble with "Export Application" (Windows)
Feb 20th, 2010, 8:45pm

I have a sketch running in Processing 1.0.9,  and it runs fine from the sketch window.  When I try to export it to a standalone windows application,  Processing creates the application.windows folder, which contains the 'lib' and 'source' subdirectories, and I have an application and an export.txt file,  but when I double-click the application,  it does nothing.  Doesn't even try to run.

What am I doing wrong,  and since it doesn't run,  where do I begin to look to troubleshoot it?

I'm using the controlP5 and minim libraries,  which are all properly placed in relation to the sketch folder.  

I get no errors during the export process either.

Thanks for any help you can offer....

Jim
Re: Having trouble with "Export Application" (Windows)
Reply #1 - Feb 20th, 2010, 11:49pm

hi,

do you use TEXT(); ??
if yes , you have to put the font in the applet folder.

i had this problem too, at first time working with processing.
font's aren't draged automatic in the folder!!

regards maik
Reply #2 - Feb 21st, 2010, 6:13am

Maik,

I tried your suggestion,  but that didn't work.

Anyone else have an idea as to what I may be doing wrong?

Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2010, 6:19am

Philho,

Are you sure this was the right place to move my post?  I originally posted it in the Syntax subforum,  as I'm quite sure that I'm doing something wrong,   not that Processing is causing the problem......

Just asking.....

Jim
Reply #4 - Feb 21st, 2010, 6:49am

TiPpFeHlEr wrote on Feb 20th, 2010, 11:49pm:
hi,

do you use TEXT(); ?
if yes , you have to put the font in the applet folder.

i had this problem too, at first time working with processing.
font's aren't draged automatic in the folder!!

regards maik

Maik,

Ok,  it is working now....Moved the fonts to the 'application.windows' folder as you suggested,  but I also had to move any other files that my processing program was utilizing,  such as a few .jpg files that I load under certain circumstances..

Thanks for the help...
Reply #5 - Feb 21st, 2010, 10:34pm

ok, SOLVED Cool

i cant know that you  are using pictures in your sketch. Wink
everything u use in a sketch: audiofile, picture, videofile, fonts,
has to place in the sketch folder!

regards maik
Reply #6 - Feb 21st, 2010, 11:31pm

Jim Martin wrote on Feb 21st, 2010, 6:19am:
Are you sure this was the right place to move my post  I originally posted it in the Syntax subforum,  as I'm quite sure that I'm doing something wrong,   not that Processing is causing the problem......

No... But this is the place to talk about the PDE (I think), and Export is a feature of the PDE. Maybe Integration would have been a better place, though.
What is sure is that's not a syntax question, at least originally, because you don't show any code... And issues like forgetting files and lack of signing an applet are not syntax issues either.
Reply #7 - Mar 18th, 2010, 8:29am

Hi,
I'm having the same problem - my sketch works in Processing (1.0.9) - but won't run as a Windows app. I get a lib and source folder and an EXE, but it does nothing when I run it.

I'm using controlP5 too - and the app compiled fine before I added it, so I think it's causing the error. I'm not using TEXT(); and I'm not loading any external assets.

I think the controlP5 library is in the right place, as it's working in Processing, but I could be wrong.

I've tried making all "fields and functions which are used by controlP5 public" as suggested in the controlP5 docs, but this hasn't helped.

Any suggestiong would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.
Reply #8 - Mar 18th, 2010, 9:25am

In the generated application.windows\lib folder, ensure you have controlP5.jar along the base core.jar and the jar corresponding to your sketch.
Reply #9 - Mar 19th, 2010, 12:04pm

Thanks so much! I finally got it working.  Grin
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1