We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpVideo Capture,  Movie Playback,  Vision Libraries › Exporting to Youtube with FFMPEG/Mencoder
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Exporting to Youtube with FFMPEG/Mencoder (Read 874 times)
Exporting to Youtube with FFMPEG/Mencoder
Feb 19th, 2010, 8:13pm

Does anyone have any ffmpeg configurations they'd like to share for going from a series of processing.org generated stills to something suitable for an HD youtube upload?
Re: Exporting to Youtube with FFMPEG/Mencoder
Reply #1 - Feb 20th, 2010, 2:55am

what operating system?

on linux i use the following for creating sd dvd images. it uses the 'mf' thing to pick up all the separate frames and stitch them together (a lot of the rest of the options are dvd specific. getting it into any format that youtube understands should be enough - it'll transcode it anyway.

Code:

mencoder "mf://@listfile.txt" \
 -oac lavc -ovc lavc -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd:tsaf \
 -vf scale=720:576,harddup -srate 48000 -af lavcresample=48000 \
 -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video:vrc_buf_size=1835:vrc_maxrate=9800:vbitrate=5000:keyint=15:vstrict=0:acodec=ac3:abitrate=192:aspect=4/3 -ofps 25 \
 -audiofile ${CLIP}_*.wav \
 -o ${CLIP}.mpg

where $CLIP is the basename of the project and listfile.txt contains the list of frames. and ${CLIP}_*.wav are the audio files to use

a quick google gives this post: http://forums.savage2.com/showthread.php?t=16672

which mentions these options for hd youtube:
Code:

mencoder
-vf scale=1280:768
-ofps 30000/1001
-ovc x264
-x264encopts subq=7:frameref=10:me=esa:partitions=all:8x8dct:bf rames=1:qcomp=1:bitrate=16800:pass=2
-of lavf
-lavfopts format=mp4
-o MySavageMovie.mp4

that doesn't seem to be specifying an input file, so just plug the mf:// bit in there. i'd also generate my source images at the required resolution and drop the -vf scale.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1