We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionGeneral Discussion,  Status › Processing Application for Iphone - help?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Processing Application for Iphone - help?? (Read 1670 times)
Processing Application for Iphone - help??
Feb 15th, 2010, 6:11pm

Is there an application I can install on the iphone to enable me to code into Processing1.0 as I would do on Mac?  I don't want to create iphone apps - I just want to have the ability to write code when I'm out and about and have the function to runt the code as one would within the processing program on the computer?  I would also very much welcome alternatives (if there are any) if processing app for iphone not available?
I have look and seen there isn't an exact app however I am not familiar with coding jargon and so not able to tell if any of the apps are suitable which are available within the app store.

Thanks for your help!
Re: Processing Application for Iphone - help??
Reply #1 - Feb 16th, 2010, 1:02am

I believe Apple isn't kind on allowing such development (ie. a language freely usable by anybody) as it would allow to bypass their store...
A possible way might be with Processing.js, if Apple's browser on the iPhone supports canvas (I think it does, as it was Safari that introduced the concept...).
Reply #2 - Feb 16th, 2010, 4:20am

its not what you are looking for.
but under this topic maybe interesting anyway
http://www.creativeapplications.net/iphone/iprocessing-iphone-processing/

i was looking for a processing ide to run on my PDA for a while, cause i also thought it would be nice to code everywhere you go Smiley never found one Smiley
Reply #3 - Feb 16th, 2010, 9:29am

is it possible to code on the iPhone guys??.. Wink
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1