We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › Shapes3D for Processing library
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Shapes3D for Processing library (Read 1180 times)
Shapes3D for Processing library
Feb 5th, 2010, 4:13am

Cedric said
Quote:
Hey Quark, does your library support Billboarding? i believe it doesnt, right? this is a feature i miss so much recently. So if you ever have some time and want to add some more features i believe this is something alot of people could need, especially in games too

No it doesn't and I absolutely agree this would be a useful feature!  Wink

The next version of the library is ready but I just want to create a couple of examples before I release it.

When creating the shapes in the current version they are centred on (0,0,0) which is then used as the centre of rotation also the 'up' direction is always (0,1,0). The new version enables the user to add 2 more parameters to the shapes constructor that enables user defined centre of rotation and user defined 'up' axis.

I always intended to include billboarding so after this release I will make it a priority for the following release.

Smiley
Re: Shapes3D for Processing library
Reply #1 - Feb 5th, 2010, 4:15am

whats wrong with the forum? i see your answers in different threats and not where they belong. this is shapes3d. and the first post to this topic. ?!?
Reply #2 - Feb 5th, 2010, 4:28am

Hi Cedric

You beat me to it with such a quick response, I have also responded on the Exhibition forum saying why I have posted these here.

Basically I felt that the Exhibition thread was for people to demonstrate their sketches and this would be a more appropriate forum for discussing the libraries in detail.

Quote:
whats wrong with the forum

absolutely nothing I think its fantastic!

Cheesy
Reply #3 - Feb 5th, 2010, 4:28am

hehe Smiley fine
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1