We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › apple sudden motion sensor library
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
apple sudden motion sensor library (Read 1176 times)
apple sudden motion sensor library
May 15th, 2009, 7:18am

hey! im having a little trouble installing this library http://www.shiffman.net/p5/sms/ it says to extract the zip to the libraries in the /Applications/Processing 0118/libraries folder... but i don't even have a processing folder, i only have the app in the aplications folder. What i do have is a folder caled processing in my documents folder that has got a libraries folder inside. I already extracted the library into that libraries folder, but the code doesn't work. keeps teling me that there is no sms library...
Re: apple sudden motion sensor library
Reply #1 - May 15th, 2009, 8:47am

i've figured it out already! thanks
Reply #2 - May 15th, 2009, 10:27pm

This library is really really fun, and really easy to use once you get it in.

Anyone with a macbook should get this!
Reply #3 - Feb 5th, 2010, 12:58pm

hello, i just downloaded the library, and when i run the example code i get the errors:
Code:

annot run Java in 32 bit mode. Continuing in 64 bit mode.
Exception in thread "Animation Thread" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Users/mox/Dati/Progetti/Processing-1.0.9.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/sms/library/libUnimotionLib.jnilib: no suitable image found. Did find: /Users/mox/Dati/Progetti/Processing-1.0.9.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/sms/library/libUnimotionLib.jnilib: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1881)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1798)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1045)
at sms.Unimotion.<clinit>(Unimotion.java:16)
at sms.draw(sms.java:26)
at processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw(PApplet.java:1425)
at processing.core.PApplet.run(PApplet.java:1327)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)

I am running a macbook with os x 10.5.8 and a java version
Code:
$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_15"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_15-b03-226)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.1-b02-92, mixed mode)

should i enforce to use a different vm? like 1.5 or 32bit? or am i missing something?
thanks
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1