We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOpenGL and 3D Libraries › interactive 3D pdf in processing
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
interactive 3D pdf in processing? (Read 1011 times)
interactive 3D pdf in processing?
Feb 1st, 2010, 7:04pm

Hi!, does anybody knows how to create a 3d pdf in processing? Not only a flat 3d view but a fully interactive 3D document.

thanks in advance!
Re: interactive 3D pdf in processing?
Reply #1 - Feb 1st, 2010, 10:01pm

pretty sure not possible.
i would say try to export whatever you create in Processing as 3d model and import it to pdf3d somehow, if you want real interactivity not only moving the object, stay with processing/applets
Re: interactive 3D pdf in processing?
Reply #2 - Feb 2nd, 2010, 9:04am

hey Cedric, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I need the 3D pdf since it is for an astronomy paper where I want to include some galaxy maps as interactive plots. I made the models in processing and was hoping to keep all within processing in a  clean pipeline. It would be cool to have the option to write 3d pdf directly in processing as easy as it is now for normal pdf.

A good solution would be to write a .u3d file exporter in a similar way as the .obj exporter. Maybe one day I will try...

thanks again!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1