We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Exporting size
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Exporting size (Read 1228 times)
Exporting size
Jan 26th, 2010, 1:00pm

Hi I am quite new to processing.

I am making a sketch in processing, something simple with random colours. But I am restricted by the size of my computer screen, I would eventually like to export it as a pdf that is A2 size.

Can anyone help me out please.

Thanks in advance

Re: Exporting size
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2010, 1:11pm

PDF export:
http://processing.org/reference/libraries/pdf/index.html
lots of example code for every occasion.

i think you can also have a screen bigger than your monitor, draw to it and saveFrame. you won't be able to see what you're doing and it means you can't really do any interaction but... (i've just tested this at 2000x2000 and it works)
Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2010, 2:45pm

Thanks for the help.  The problem is I'm using processing as a drawing tool and I need to draw in the whole window.

Is there not a way to export and multiply the size?
Reply #3 - Jan 26th, 2010, 4:12pm

there is no need to make it larger when using pdf export. its vector based, you can always resize it.
Reply #4 - Jan 26th, 2010, 6:06pm

Thanks

Didn't realize it was a vector!
Reply #5 - Feb 12th, 2010, 12:46am

i've got the same problem, i use processing to draw, but with a pixel jpg as source, the only thing i can do to have a beter résolution than my screen is using a projecteur and export in .tiff

Quote:
void keyPressed() {

if(keyPressed) {
   if (key == 's' || key == 'S') {
     println("press");
     save("filName.tif");
   }

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1