We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionExhibition › Problems with Blogspot Integration
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Problems with Blogspot Integration (Read 656 times)
Problems with Blogspot Integration
Jan 26th, 2010, 10:06am

Hi everyone, I recently finished building a countdown clock for an upcoming book release that is meant to be posted on the author's blog and her website (when I finish designing it). I posted the sketch to my openProcessing account and used the embed code like I would with anything else. The clock does show up, but takes a while to display (sometimes upwards of a minute) which is disastrous for any blog but especially so for one that is still developing a fan base. There have also been complaints that even after the embedded sketch has loaded there are display issues (generally the complaints are hinting at refresh issues, such as image overlap when scrolling).
The countdown clock was a quick sketch that I threw together in a night because I thought it would be a cool way to start building interest in the book. That said, it is not vital to the marketing strategy and has been taken down from the blog to keep from discouraging potential fans. I guess what I'm looking to find out is if anyone else has had this problem before and, if so, what they did to resolve it. Both the author and I think that if the countdown clock can work it would be a great addition so, as she is currently pouring her soul into finishing the publishing process, I am committed to making sure that the tech side of her book launch is as smooth as possible and that she gets what she wants as often as I can manage. Any help, suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated
Re: Problems with Blogspot Integration
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2010, 11:45am

A link to the sketch on openprocessing might help. You might also post this as new topic in the Programs section of the discourse.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1