We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › Audio out of sync problem
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Audio out of sync problem (Read 631 times)
Audio out of sync problem
Jan 12th, 2010, 8:11pm

Hi,

I recorded about 7 minutes of audio with minim on the stream or unbuffered mode. I found out that my audio is about 12 seconds shorter than it is supposed to be. In the audio, I reported time on a stop watch at various times. This leading (not lagging) of audio is progressive, not due to the beginning. The later in the audio the more the leading. I recorded in single channel at 11025Hz. I tried to play the audio back with minim, windows media player, and audacity but they all report 12 second less than it is supposed to. My stop watch is accurate. Any suggestions on how this could have occured? The difference is about 3% short.

Update: I tried to use audacity to record and the recording comes up short, only 4:53.6 compared to 5:00. My laptop is a core duo 1.66 not very old yet. I'll try some more stuff and report back.

More update: I used the windows clock to time 3 minutes but it only shows as 2:56.2 on my audacity. Is my computer having some problem?

More update: I've found a way to fix it in audacity. Under effect->change speed. I just need to know the actual time of the recording, the duration that the recording claims to have, find the percentage difference, then type it in the box and hit enter. This way I was able to rescale a 7:32.8 long recording to 7:40.1, what it's supposed to be according to my stopwatch and some animation sequence I recorded with the millis(), which always appears accurate enough. Maybe my sound card has some problem or something. It'd nice if someone esle with similar problems can make a comment.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1