We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Processing and IAC (Read 694 times)
Processing and IAC
Dec 20th, 2009, 12:00pm

Hey there,

I'm currently trying to write a small prototype app which will be driven by MIDI data from Logic. I've set up an IAC bus to do this, and the bus is visible from within Logic, but for some reason I can't get it to be recognised in Processing. I've tried both rwmidi and themidibus so far (both great looking libs!), but it's simply not listed in the returned device names for input/output devices. I typically get these two listed for output:

dev 0: Real Time Sequencer Sun Microsystems
dev 1: Java Sound Synthesizer Sun Microsystems

and just the Real Time Sequencer as an input. I can also see the IAC buses in the MidiTestApp that comes with the Cocoa framework 'vvmidi', so I'm pretty certain they are definitely set up OK.

Has anyone else had similar problems/recommend some further diagnostics I can do to try and trace the issue?

Thanks + Happy Christmas! Smiley
Re: Processing and IAC
Reply #1 - Dec 21st, 2009, 2:14am

for me it worked on mac 10.6.2 with the lastest update for java.
i had to remove all previous midi implementations.

worked fine rwmidi and the new version of themidibus. i created a input/ouput bus called Bus 1. and it appears for in rwmidi :

Bus 1 Apple Computer, Inc.
midi lan Unknown vendor (i also tried a network midi to see)
Real Time Sequencer Sun Microsystems

h
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1