We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › Map Pocessing to Ableton
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Map Pocessing to Ableton (Read 1759 times)
Map Pocessing to Ableton
Dec 7th, 2009, 5:50am

Hi there
I have a question about mapping Processing to Ableton Live. I installed OSCP5 library to communicate with LiveOSC and it works well. But by the reason I'm still weak in coding and understanding programing languages I want to ask for any examples of how mapping should look like to manipulate midi in Ableton.

Thanks in advance

Re: Map Pocessing to Ableton
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2009, 6:32am

I think at this point more work is needed for documenting LiveOSC -- that is, it isn't just you.

However, if you want to understand some of the things LiveOSC is doing, you might try downloading the demo documentation for Max for Live.

Other than that, stay tuned. OR, try simple MIDI control to get yourself started, as that's a bit easier.
Reply #2 - Dec 20th, 2009, 6:31am

mh i think it would be easier if you use midi. dont know if osc has more possibilities but with midi you can map knobs and faders in  ableton to anything coming from processing per midi. (mapping means one by one)
you just need midiyoke as interface and a midi library for processing like the midibus or something. there are a couple in the library section.
bye ramin
Reply #3 - Dec 20th, 2009, 11:44am

look on oscP5 site, i'm using it succesfully to make an arduino board communicate to Ableton and get response back, but there's lack of documentation,  i think it's almost impossible to know all OSC functions implemented in ableton, if you need info about clip/state and so i could post you a script, but if you just need to turn knobs/faders go with MIDI
Reply #4 - Dec 21st, 2009, 5:21pm

that sounds interesting. can say where i can find something about osc-live?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1