We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentLibraries,  Tool Development › New Library: Novation Launchpad Support
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
New Library: Novation Launchpad Support (Read 2472 times)
New Library: Novation Launchpad Support
Dec 20th, 2009, 9:55am

Hi, I've just released first stable version of 'Launchpad' - a processing library to support the Novation Launchpad. It's a 8x8 RG LED MIDI Devicem similar to the Monome. (But affordable Wink

It's all on github -  see the Project page here:
rngtng.github.com/launchpad/

...and sources are here:
github.com/rngtng/launchpad

(apparently, as forum newbie, I can't post links so please copy & past the URL)

How can this lib be added to the Processing Libraries page?

Get your Launchpad and check the examples out. Looking forward to your feedback and improvements.

Enjoy!
Tobi
Re: New Library: Novation Launchpad Support
Reply #1 - Dec 23rd, 2009, 10:19am

Ah. Great thing someone started a library. I used the Launchpad last weekend and wrote my own sketch right before the gig. For users who dont know: It is possible to control it with Midi IN and Midi OUT. I used my sketch to use the Launchpad with Resolume. In case someone is interested, you can find the sktech here:

serik.de/blog/novation-launchpad-und-resolume-avenue
Reply #2 - Mar 27th, 2010, 1:11pm

I cant get this to work.

At first it was giving

This version of Processing only supports libraries and JAR files compiled for Java 1.5.
A library used by this sketch was compiled for Java 1.6 or later,
and needs to be recompiled to be compatible with Java 1.5.

as the error.  downloaded version 0181 and it got slightly further, but  gave me

The constructor Launchpad(Launchpad) is undefined

Have installed themidibus library, and that is able to talk to and receive from the launchpad.

Am on mac 10.5.8.

Any ideas?
Reply #3 - Mar 28th, 2010, 12:52am

Sorry didn't realise what section of the forum this was in. I just searched for launchpad and found the orignal post.

Please move my post to the appropriate libraries support section, I can't.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1