We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
API (Read 751 times)
API
Dec 10th, 2009, 7:58am

Is there an API for processing similiar to Java Docs? The website and books are fantastic and so useful. Was just wondering if there was an API to download and refer to  Smiley
Re: API
Reply #1 - Dec 10th, 2009, 9:05am

Do you mean something like the Developers Reference
Reply #2 - Dec 10th, 2009, 9:06am

Reply #3 - Dec 10th, 2009, 9:33am

it's also worth pointing out that the processing IDE has a link to a *local* copy of the reference *included* in the download - you can access it from the help menu and it'll open in your web browser. it's the same as the Reference link above.

(although i do wish this was an option - this and the examples adds 20-30M to the already large download (last time i looked))

(this is linux version btw, i guess the others are the same)
Reply #4 - Dec 10th, 2009, 9:44am

Actually I find the local help shortcut really useful:  On Windows highlight a keyword (i.e. pretty much anything the IDE colour-codes) and hit (Ctrl+Shift+F) and that will try and open the appropriate reference page (I'd assume there's non-Windows equivalents).  

Occasionally for some duplicated keywords it might not open the right page given the context (e.g. get() is used in several contexts in Processing); so that's the only thing to look out for...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1