We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionExhibition › supergravitar (beta)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
supergravitar (beta) (Read 1720 times)
supergravitar (beta)
Dec 1st, 2009, 9:52am

supergravitar is out! Cheesy

http://n.clavaud.free.fr/processing/supergravitar/

fight gravity, avoid ennemies and reach the weird, green gate to next level!
Re: supergravitar (beta)
Reply #1 - Dec 1st, 2009, 12:26pm

Neat!

Needless to say I'm curious to see some code to see how you approached this.  I'm realising that I tried to fit too much into each of my classes and am thinking of going back over them and stripping stuff out to try and make them more generic...

Would be good to see score/lives displayed on yours... and more levels, though I imagine that's the bit that takes most time!
Reply #2 - Dec 1st, 2009, 12:28pm

Fun, addictive... and quite hard!
Nicely done.
Reply #3 - Dec 1st, 2009, 3:14pm

Nice physics, particles, smooth very good!

I get to the green square but nothing happens, also sometimes keeps fireing even if I am not pressing the CNTRL button, try it on a Mac

Cheers
rS
Reply #4 - Dec 1st, 2009, 5:50pm

Fun game. It's quite generous to the player to not regenerate the obstacles you have knocked out when you get killed. Possibly makes it too easy. But, great job!
Reply #5 - Dec 1st, 2009, 8:04pm

Wow nice game, but wrong physics for certain. When you fire weapon you should have recoils ^_^
Reply #6 - Dec 2nd, 2009, 1:25am

liudr wrote on Dec 1st, 2009, 8:04pm:
Wow nice game, but wrong physics for certain. When you fire weapon you should have recoils ^_^

Ah - but the ship automatically fires a jet to compensate for the recoil of the gun...  Well that would be my excuse :D
Reply #7 - Dec 2nd, 2009, 2:34am

need to take relative masses of the bullet and the ship into account too 8)

nice job though.

maybe you could publish a level designer and we could do you some more levels.
Reply #8 - Dec 2nd, 2009, 2:38am

blindfish wrote on Dec 2nd, 2009, 1:25am:
Ah - but the ship automatically fires a jet to compensate for the recoil of the gun...

Sure it does. This tiny triangle has very high technology inside Grin

I've cleaned up the code a little bit and released it (see the webpage for latest code).

I've got some things to fix in the level editor, then I'll release it too... (as you can see in the source, levels are simple XML).
Reply #9 - Dec 2nd, 2009, 3:47am

Nice game!
Reply #10 - Dec 2nd, 2009, 10:21am

Hehe this is pretty cool. I had more fun playing this than World of Warcraft
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1