We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Pages: 1 2 
Recover files after crash (Read 6353 times)
Re: Recover files after crash
Reply #15 - Feb 9th, 2010, 6:48am

does anyone have any recommendation of any program/software that can recover data lost after crash?
Reply #16 - Feb 12th, 2010, 3:24pm

I have also gotten into the habit of doing a online backup from disk to external USB HDD. This also helps for if you have a system crash and the drive does not boot again. Seems if you are having so many system crashes something might be wrong. You might want to check your error logs. Your workstation should not lock up at all.
Reply #17 - Feb 14th, 2010, 7:35pm

I have had two major chrashes and have learned the hard way to make backup files.  However, I get busy and forget to make them for weeks.  Recently I have started to click on a live webpage of mine, then right-click to get the menu.  Then I click on "View Source". After the new Window opens with the source code, I select "FILE", "SAVE", then "HTML" to my harddrive.  Then I email the file to my Yahoo free email address and the attachment is saved in Yahoo until I have the time to make a sane backup.  I later clean up my Yahoo account and I never keep more than 15 backup attachments on Yahoo.  This is the dumb way, but it takes seconds and is completely recoverable.
Reply #18 - Feb 16th, 2010, 9:23am

yes dropbox works better for me,

its saves our files, +1 for that my friend. Wink
Reply #19 - Mar 11th, 2010, 3:19pm

I've been using VirtualLab for a while and it has worked well for me.  I'm on Mac OS 10.5.
Pages: 1 2