We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware,  Documentation,  Website Suggestions › Are other older beta downloads mirrored somewhere
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Are other older beta downloads mirrored somewhere? (Read 2007 times)
Are other older beta downloads mirrored somewhere?
Nov 20th, 2008, 3:02am

I know it's a storage burden, but it'd be great if ALL the prior betas were kept available somewhere -- at least up until 1.0 is final.

Like right now I'm in need of some version circa 0125 to run an old sketch exactly as it ran before.  (tried 0135, nope)  Problem is the random number generator - a given seed no longer does exactly what it did with that version.  Not sure if it was P5 or JRE that caused that.

Argh, I'll learn my lesson for the future, and keep all installs used for actual work.  But it sure would be nice if I could just reinstall any old version at any old time!

Anything?
Re: Are other older beta downloads mirrored somewh
Reply #1 - Nov 20th, 2008, 1:46pm

I believe you should be able to download any version from the SVN server. I don't know the exact magic runes, but if you see here: http://dev.processing.org/source/index.cgi/tags/ there's every single version.
Re: Are other older beta downloads mirrored somewh
Reply #2 - Mar 13th, 2009, 8:58pm

Hi,

Same problem here.
I am looking for the Mac Os X DMG of the 0148 beta.

I had a look on the dev repository.
Well Indeed all the sources are there..
I will have a try to go on building everything although I am not used to this.

For Media Art conservation purpose it will be great to keep the binaries of all versions somewhere on processing.org. I guess this suggestion leads to more money for more space on server...

Of course MEA CULPA, I should have kept it but at that time (before 1.0 release) previous versions were kept.

Thanks for you great job anyway

Paul

ps: IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I CAN FIND THE 0148 DMG build ?
Re: Are other older beta downloads mirrored somewhere?
Reply #3 - Feb 27th, 2010, 9:14am

Any update on this situation?  I teach Digital Media at a high school - we are running Mac PowerPCs with OS 10.4.11

Would love to get an older version of Processing, so it works on these computers.

I recognize that you can build your own with the source, but I have zero experience with that sort of thing.

Has anyone found any older DMGs?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1