We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › Sonia in Snow Leopard
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Sonia in Snow Leopard (Read 943 times)
Sonia in Snow Leopard
Nov 20th, 2009, 11:35am

I tried to find this elsewhere and I found some interesting topics to solve the problem for the time being, but I thought I'd formally ask the question in the forum to see if anyone else was having similar issues.

I updated to Snow Leopard a couple of months ago and as soon as I did this I noticed that the Sonia Library stopped working. I found out how to fix that http://thoughts.jonobr1.com/?p=445. The sources that helped me resolve the problem noted that Snow Leopard runs with Java 6 and that to get JSYN to work (which is how the Sonia Library works) you have to put symbolically link Java 5 to Java 5, not 6. So since that day Processing runs fine, Sonia works just fine, but I've noticed that every time I run sonia I get this error

Code:
[000:135] MagicCam 0: Current process: java, Flash is loaded: no
[000:135] Error(magiccammac.cc:276): MagicCam 0: MagicCamOpen: Not an allowed process!
[000:002] MagicCam 0: Current process: java, Flash is loaded: no
[000:002] Error(magiccammac.cc:276): MagicCam 0: MagicCamOpen: Not an allowed process!
[000:000] MagicCam 1: Current process: java, Flash is loaded: no
[000:000] Error(magiccammac.cc:276): MagicCam 1: MagicCamOpen: Not an allowed process!
[000:003] MagicCam 1: Current process: java, Flash is loaded: no
[000:003] Error(magiccammac.cc:276): MagicCam 1: MagicCamOpen: Not an allowed process!

In addition to this whenever I use OPENGL I have to also import Code:
import javax.media.opengl.*; 

as Code:
import processing.opengl.*; 

is not enough.

I'm not sure if the two are related or not, so I'm going to start a post in the OPENGL section as well.

I tried googling both of these, but I didn't really find anything substantial. Is Sonia just outdated? Should I be using a different Audio Analysis Library?
Re: Sonia in Snow Leopard
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2009, 1:04pm

When I go to the JSYN website they now say that they're updating for Snow Leopard and to hold tight. Hopefully this will solve the problem whenever the update comes up.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1