We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpElectronics,  Serial Library › RSS feed to Serial (to picaxe)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
RSS feed to Serial (to picaxe) (Read 731 times)
RSS feed to Serial (to picaxe)
Nov 19th, 2009, 7:57am

Hey guys,
I'm in an electronics class and we're using picaxe chips to make kinetic sculptures. My goal is to have a google reader feed trigger a clutch on a motor every time a new post comes in.

I've looked at (a page that I can't link to until I post more - it's the first search result in google from "rss feed in processing") but it doesn't seem to get past line 2 (unexpected token). I've dl'd the ROME and jdom things and put them in a subfolder in my sketch. Even if I got that working, I'm unclear as to how to send that to a serial signal that the picaxe would understand.

I'm new to processing (and programming in general), but I'm totally willing to put in the time. I just don't know where to start! any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Danielle
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1