We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › Mac : Exported application’s fullscreen behavior
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Mac : Exported application’s fullscreen behavior (Read 1653 times)
Mac : Exported application’s fullscreen behavior
Nov 16th, 2009, 1:35am

When running exported fullscreen applications, the Dock and the Menu Bar are hidden but not disabled, therefore they bump whenever the mouse reaches the top or bottom side of the screen whereas sketches running in Present mode are truly isolated from the OS.
Why is that ? (LSUIPresentationMode vs. Java Exclusive Mode ?) How can I fix it ?
(I'm using 1.09 on 10.5.8…)
Re: Mac : Exported application’s fullscreen behavior
Reply #1 - Dec 19th, 2009, 3:25am

I'm having the same issue. Does anybody know what is going on? This issue does not occur when playing computer games, so I assume it can be fixed in processing too. Thanks.
Re: Mac : Exported application’s fullscreen behavior
Reply #2 - Apr 4th, 2010, 3:17pm

Hi guys.

Export your app with "Full screen (present mode)" option. Then use "Show Package Contents" option on your app and edit the file Contents/Info.plist. Look for the LSUIPresentationMode parameter and change its value from 4 to 3. Now the dock and the menu bar should stay invisible even when the mouse touches the top or the bottom of the screen Wink !

You should obtain this:
Code:
    <key>LSUIPresentationMode</key>
   <integer>3</integer>

I found the info here (sorry I can't post real urls yet)):
[3w].macworld.com//article/55321/2007/02/hidemenubar.html
By  Fri Feb 09 18:54:50 PST 2007

Quote:
LSUIPresentationMode 1 - Hides Dock. Dock will appear if mouse moved to where it is located.
LSUIPresentationMode 2 - Removes Dock.
LSUIPresentationMode 3 - Removes Menu Bar and Dock.
LSUIPresentationMode 4 - Hides Menu Bar and Dock. Menu Bar or Dock will appear if mouse moved to where Menu Bar or Dock is located.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1