We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › downloading libraries
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
downloading libraries (Read 1447 times)
downloading libraries
Nov 14th, 2009, 6:49am

Hello,

I found lots of interesting instructions in new libraries on URL:
"dev.processing.org/reference/everything/javadoc/processing/app"

But i don't know how could i download those libraries...

may be someone can help me !
Re: downloading libraries
Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2009, 7:02am

Wow, you broke a record! 5 times the same message... That's the forum acting up, I think, but you would be kind to go to each extra message and delete it, please. Thanks.

I don't understand the relationship between the link you gave and libraries.

Well, this JavaDoc documents the Processing app, ie. the PDE itself. You don't have to download it, it is already in the pde.jar file, but I am not sure if you can reuse anything there.
Reply #2 - Nov 15th, 2009, 4:35am

There maybe some confusion here do you want to create a new library or use existing libraries. I suspect the it is the second option.

Many different people have contributed libraries for Processing and links to many of them can be found here http://processing.org/reference/libraries/. Clicking on these links will take you to the contributors website where you will have to follow the instructions given to download their library (these will vary depending on the contributor). The file you download will probably be archived (e.g. zip file) which you have to expand and place within the "libraries" folder of your Processing sketchbook
Smiley
Reply #3 - Nov 15th, 2009, 5:46am

The documentation you linked to describes the code that makes up the Processing Development Environment.  Not the sort of thing that you'd use in a sketch.
Reply #4 - Feb 18th, 2010, 10:05am

Sorry PhiLho but each time i type "post" i have an error message so i modify my post until there is no error but it seems that all messages are send ...

I will be more carrefull next time
Reply #5 - Feb 19th, 2010, 7:29am

May i understand that we can't use instruction like

copyFile
copyDir

ect...

?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1