We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › Processing broken on OSX
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Processing broken on OSX? (Read 969 times)
Processing broken on OSX?
Nov 3rd, 2009, 10:02pm

Howdy

Is Processing broken on OSX?

I'm running Processing 1.0.9 on OSX 10.5.8 and am not able to get this simple example to run.

Code:
import processing.net.*;

Client c;
String data;

void setup ()
{
 size (200, 300);
 c = new Client (this, "processing.org", 80);
 c.write ("GET / HTTP/1.0\n");
}

void draw ()
{
 if (c.available() > 0)
 {
   data += c.readString ();
   println (data);
 }
}

Quote:
The package "processing.net" does not exist. You might be missing a library.

also...

Quote:
Note that release 1.0, libraries must be installed in a folder named 'libraries' inside the 'sketchbook' folder.

Following that last bit, I added ./libraries/net/ to my sketch folder. Problem remains.

Thanks in advance
Alex
Re: Processing broken on OSX?
Reply #1 - Nov 3rd, 2009, 11:10pm

Following up on this: same code runs without errors on a fresh install of processing on Windows XP.

So it's a "processing on OSX" problem.

Hoping someone can offer valuable -- i.e., other than "dump your mac" or "dump processing" -- advice, cuz I'm fresh out. Sad

A.
Reply #2 - Nov 4th, 2009, 1:34am

The thread can't load libraries after upgrading to 1.0.7 !, just below your own, looks related...
Reply #3 - Nov 4th, 2009, 2:34am

Indeed it seems. Thanks for that.

I went to dev.processing.org to file a bug report and, after entering that code (that which I entered in my first post), found that it no longer failed.

<sigh>
A.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1