We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › how to get math latex output in processing
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
how to get math latex output in processing? (Read 755 times)
how to get math latex output in processing?
Oct 31st, 2009, 4:08pm

Can anyone tell me or point me in a direction as to how I could get output in latex maths notation in processing. Is there a package I can import? I'd like to know how to do this in Java too. Is processing and java not a suitable language to be doing something with latex? I searched around the net but unfortunately didn't find much.
Re: how to get math latex output in processing?
Reply #1 - Nov 1st, 2009, 1:06am

Well, I googled too (java latex display), and found some links but I cannot guarantee they are easy to use or even usable within Processing...

First link coming: HotEqn which looks good. The applet is freeware. The Developers Edge page shows the jar structure (surprisingly simple), perhaps you can decouple the parser from the applet renderer.
Aha! There is the cHotEqn described as: "The IMGless AWT-based Equation Viewer
for use in other applications and applets
"
Looks like a good start.

Second link is a discussion, last advice, which is good, is to search for MathML implementations. Searched that, found the W3C MathML implementations page (editors) and W3C MathML implementations page (Browser plugins, scripts and extensions). Not all Java, not all free (not sure if that's a requirement of your).

I hope it will get you started.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1