We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOpenGL and 3D Libraries › Missing OPENGL library
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Missing OPENGL library (Read 4476 times)
Missing OPENGL library
Oct 9th, 2009, 7:06am

I'm running Processing 1.0.7 in Snow Leopard and I'm getting this
weird error with the OpenGL library:

You need to use "Import Library" to add processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL to your sketch.

(of course I'm importing it)
then, I explicitly import processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL

and I get this:

Note that release 1.0, libraries must be installed in a folder named 'libraries' inside the 'sketchbook' folder.

I checked the package contents and everything is in place, I copied the library to my ~/sketchbook/libraries folder but nothing happens.

I tried to update jogl but the Java site for this library seems to be down...

Any light with this issue?
Thanks
Re: Missing OPENGL library
Reply #1 - Oct 10th, 2009, 5:50pm

Hey,

I had this issue too.  Fixed it by copying the default processing libraries into ~/sketchbook/libraries.

Right click the app icon, show package contents, then copy everything in Contents > Resources > Java > Libraries across to  ~/sketchbook/libraries.  Then restart Processing.

Cheers,
Mike
Reply #2 - Oct 12th, 2009, 6:41pm

I had the same problem on windows, moved the OpenGL lib to the sketchbook and everything works again! thank you!

I posted a thread on this too some days ago:
http://processing.org/discourse/yabb2/?num=1253482788
Reply #3 - Oct 14th, 2009, 9:40am

Just curious: do you guys have the "fullscreen" library?  I find that if I remove it from my libraries folder, that particular problem goes away. Not sure why.

d.
Reply #4 - Oct 15th, 2009, 4:21pm

No, i don't have the library.

the problem does not occur on Linux, as far as my tests go.
Reply #5 - Oct 19th, 2009, 10:43pm

THE FREAKING PROBLEM PERSISTS IN 1.0.8
Reply #6 - Oct 21st, 2009, 7:00am

0p0 wrote on Oct 19th, 2009, 10:43pm:
THE FREAKING PROBLEM PERSISTS IN 1.0.8

i cannot magically sit beside all 14,061 people who have used processing since sunday, which means i cannot fix "freaking problems" unless they're reported at dev.processing.org/bugs. i see that you've now posted a bug, but was sad to find such a rude message behind it.

get a grip--you just downloaded this software for free, and it's created by volunteers. and nothing is more de-motivating than having people behave like that.
Reply #7 - Oct 21st, 2009, 6:26pm

Oh! I'm really sorry, i didn't mean to be so rude, my appologies...
No phreaking library
Reply #8 - Oct 22nd, 2009, 8:23am

Yo therez no phreaking library to hakzor my GSM network. wtf no phrea callz? Open Sores!
Reply #9 - Nov 17th, 2009, 3:07pm

Copying the library to the sketchbook library works for version 1.0.9 Snow Leopard. Thanks!
Reply #10 - Dec 4th, 2009, 7:34am

I had the same issue, and can confirm that removing the "fullscreen" library from my ~/Documents/Processing/libraries folder fixed the problem.  There must be some sort of conflict - but why is it even looking in that folder?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1