We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Provide Core Interface (Read 1607 times)
Provide Core Interface
Oct 2nd, 2009, 3:03am

Hy,

A lot of time i include the processing Core.jar to some project to build libraries. So, Core.jar have to be include with the librarie pack to work.

It can be really usefull if processing sources will include some 'Interface' which gives oportunities to call some fonctions and work without including the Core.jar but just the CoreInterface.jar.
It will also provide a correct evolution of processing project without rebuilding contributed libraries each time!

small ex:

public Interface IPApplet{
    public void init();
    public void setup();
    public void draw();
    public void getApplet();
}

public class MyLib{

IPApplet applet;

public MyLib(IPApplet applet){
          this.applet = applet;
     }

public void ToDo(){
          applet.draw();
     }
}

/* Regards, Pascal Chirol, updatepixels.net */
Re: Provide Core Interface
Reply #1 - Oct 2nd, 2009, 4:05am

I think I miss your point.
I looked at a couple of libraries I have, none include core.jar
Beside, nothing prevents you from making such interface, the Processing API is fairly stable at this point.
Re: Provide Core Interface
Reply #2 - Oct 5th, 2009, 3:50am

Well,

What i mean is if processing sources implements some interfaces, developers will be able to interact with processing methodes.

public class PApplet extends Applet
 implements IPApplet, PConstants, Runnable,
            MouseListener, MouseMotionListener, KeyListener, FocusListener
{

Well, what ever ! If noOne see the power of interfaces !
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1