We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOpenGL and 3D Libraries › OpenGL error! should I report bug
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
OpenGL error! should I report bug? (Read 2053 times)
OpenGL error! should I report bug?
Sep 20th, 2009, 2:39pm

Hi!

I downloaded the lates version of P5 and running it in the desktop I have with the OpenGL library goes just perfect, but when loading the same source code with my laptop, based in Window XP SP3, P5 pressents me an error message telling me that I have to use "Sketch >> import Library" to be able to use the OPENGL renderer, which, of course, is already done.

the import statement and the size(xxx,yyy,OPENGL) is all correct but P5 won't load it in the laptop. Of course I have no freaking idea where the error comes from, OPENGL have always run perfectly in prior versions of P5, and it still does in 1.0.7 in my desktop, so I think the bad things happen in the laptop and have nothing to do with P5...

here is the Whole error message:

Code:
Exception in thread "Animation Thread" java.lang.RuntimeException: You need to use "Import Library" to add processing.opengl.PGraphicsOpenGL to your sketch.
at processing.core.PApplet.makeGraphics(PApplet.java:1192)
at processing.core.PApplet.size(PApplet.java:998)
at processing.core.PApplet.size(PApplet.java:958)
at sketch_sep20a.setup(sketch_sep20a.java:23)
at processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw(PApplet.java:1402)
at processing.core.PApplet.run(PApplet.java:1327)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Any advice is welcome.
Should I report a bug in dev.processing.org? I don't think so, but I do not completely understand the error message, so maybe you could tell me what it means Smiley

[[[ SOLUTION IS IN THE THIRD ANSWER IN THIS THREAD ]]]
Re: OpenGL error! should I report bug?
Reply #1 - Sep 25th, 2009, 2:59am

maybe this is a problem with the opengl drivers. some hints are here
[processing.org website]/reference/libraries/opengl/
(sorry, link isn't allowed because i haven't posted 5 times yet)
e.g. intel gma 950 chipset graphics and original vendor's drivers on dell machines seem to cause trouble.

good luck!
Re: OpenGL error! should I report bug?
Reply #2 - Oct 5th, 2009, 12:45pm

Thank you! Smiley
[SOLUTION]
Reply #3 - Oct 12th, 2009, 6:44pm

The problem seems to be in Processing, not in the drivers, after installing the latest drivers the problem remained, I followed the advice in this thread and everything is back to normal. In that thread the problem is in Mac OS X Snow Leopard, but I work in Windows XP Pro, so this issue is even cross-platform.

Then the problem is in P5 apparently, is this enough to repport a bug If so, please someone submit it, I do not know how to handle the Dev bug form.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1