We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOpenGL and 3D Libraries › Export application: 'Could not find main class'
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Export application: 'Could not find main class' (Read 2465 times)
Export application: 'Could not find main class'
Mar 2nd, 2009, 5:05pm

When I export my application, I can not start the windows .exe file. I get a Java Virtual Machine Launcher error 'Could not find main class. Program will exit!'

The Mac OSX (ofcourse) does work normal...

Anybody can help me with this problem?
thanks in advance ofcourse...
Re: Export application: 'Could not find main class'
Reply #1 - Apr 2nd, 2009, 11:56am

Hi,

I have the same problem.

I tested on three different PCs with Windows XP - exe Application is running (two of them are systems of owners who use only word and web browser, nothing more - no additional software).

Then I sent this exe Application to my friend and he has the error described in previous post.

How I can help him to make exe Application start.
How to solve it? What is missing?

Please help.

Adam
Reply #2 - Aug 27th, 2009, 12:07pm

I'm having this problem too.
Has anyone found a solution?
Thanks,
Ben
Reply #3 - Oct 6th, 2009, 3:39am

same problem..
since there is no fix yet, does anyone have older processing versions? 1.0.4 should export more properly...
Reply #4 - Oct 6th, 2009, 10:25am

ps, I have 0135 for OSX, and 0124.  I use 0135 to export standalones for Macs with Java 1.4, and Windows for the above reason...
if you need 0135, it's at:
http://benhem.com/dumpage/Processing0135.zip
--Ben
Reply #5 - Oct 12th, 2009, 10:12am

actually, we managed to get it working again. the culprit was an included import which luckily we werent requiring.. thanks anyways.
strange "feature" though
Reply #6 - Oct 12th, 2009, 10:19am

what line / file did you modify / remove, to get it working?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1