We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpElectronics,  Serial Library › Suggestions on USB-Serial adapters for Mac
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Suggestions on USB-Serial adapters for Mac? (Read 1107 times)
Suggestions on USB-Serial adapters for Mac?
Sep 16th, 2009, 4:22pm

I'm having an insanely difficult time getting my tripp lite USB-Serial adapter (U209-000-R) working with Processing to control a projector.  I am suspecting my problem is due to the driver on my USB-Serial adapter not quite being OS X compliant.

Has anyone had good success with a specific brand/model USB-serial adapter for OS X?

Thanks!!
Re: Suggestions on USB-Serial adapters for Mac?
Reply #1 - Oct 5th, 2009, 8:54pm

Hi, i´m making a similar project. I have a Macbook and i´m beginning to stablish comunication between the mac and a USB-PIC microcontroler, it is based in the Pinguino Project, the page is found in jpmandons web page, if you have succes with serial communication please share your info, see you!!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1