We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionEvents,  Publications,  Opportunities › Mide for Processing seen at ARS Electronica
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Mide for Processing seen at ARS Electronica (Read 1462 times)
Mide for Processing seen at ARS Electronica
Sep 10th, 2009, 11:39am

While i was at the Ars Electronica in Linz last week, i saw a promissing programm from the MIT Media Lab called MIDE.

I couldnt find a lot of information on the web but this :

Quote:
One of the major barriers designers and artists encounter when programming digital media is the difficulty of translating the mental models of their interactive creations into a format and language that can be interpreted by computers. This arises from current software development environments demanding a sequential format for code. In contrast, today digital media is characterized by dynamism and interactivity, and creative individuals conceptualize these computational processes with a wide variety of mental models. MIDE proposes a new interface for visualizing, editing, and manipulating code. It seeks to enable a user-defined conceptual visiospatial representation of computation that complements the traditional text-based perspective, and by maintaining continuous relationships between them, allow users to navigate code in multiple perspectives synchronously. Further, MIDE allows fluid transitions between different modes of computational representation and different levels of representational detail by enabling zooming and information abstraction mechanisms.

David Small and Agnes Chang

I believe it is really usefull and would love to find out more, or even beta test it. Anyway i just wanted to let everybody know cause i believe it is not well known atm...

SCREENSHOT: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1152794/IMG_1585.JPG

Re: Mide for Processing seen at ARS Electronica
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2009, 12:42pm

Thanks for the picture, it looks really interesting !
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1