We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionGeneral Discussion,  Status › Converting BIG processing sketches to video (FREE)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Converting BIG processing sketches to video (FREE) (Read 1333 times)
Converting BIG processing sketches to video (FREE)
Aug 4th, 2009, 12:17am

I've been trying for a while now to make some nice high quality videos of my processing sketches.

Due to the size of them I can't seem to get the moviemaker class to work, so I've turned to screencasting. I've tried Copernicus, which crashes and burns, and jing which really is software you have to pay for (screencast account). Both suck. Anyone have suggestions for how I can record a nice quality video of my processing sketches?
Re: Converting BIG processing sketches to video (FREE)
Reply #1 - Aug 4th, 2009, 2:39am

use saveFrame() and stitch them all together later (using mplayer or something)? that's how i used to do mine. but technology may have moved on by now.
Reply #2 - Aug 4th, 2009, 2:50am

thats what i would do too.  HD shouldnt be a problem...
Reply #3 - Aug 4th, 2009, 4:33pm

koogy wrote on Aug 4th, 2009, 2:39am:
use saveFrame() and stitch them all together later (using mplayer or something) that's how i used to do mine. but technology may have moved on by now.

Finally got mplayer to do what I want. It works great! Thanks.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1