We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentLibraries,  Tool Development › Changes Don't Get Built
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Changes Don't Get Built (Read 877 times)
Changes Don't Get Built
Jul 22nd, 2009, 6:44pm

No matter what I do, I can't seem to make any changes to the processing source that will get built. I've tried adding System.out.println()s, changing error strings, commenting out the bodies of critical methods, introducing uncaught null pointer exceptions, commenting out entire source files, and starting over with a fresh copy of the source several times. Every time, it builds and runs without a hitch, as if my changes were never made. I'm following the build instructions exactly.

The weird thing is that I've managed to do this successfully before, back in December, when I was fooling around with adding Java 5 support to the grammar. Worked fine then. Has something in the build process changed recently, that hasn't been added to the build guide?

I'm using OS X 10.5.7.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1