We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionExhibition › koi fish pond
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
koi fish pond (Read 3579 times)
koi fish pond
Jul 21st, 2009, 11:56pm

Hi, after many days of work, here is my pond sketch

http://nardove.com/koifishpond/

Hope you like it!

Thanks for the people in this forum that assist me
rS
Re: koi fish pond
Reply #1 - Jul 22nd, 2009, 1:17am

Great one! i really like it. Good to see that it turned out that good. I especially like the realistic movement when touched. Now you just have to add some random skin pattern generator Smiley
Reply #2 - Jul 22nd, 2009, 1:56am

Awesome result. Perhaps there are a bit too much koi. The realistic movements are superb. Perhaps you should allow to activate the ripple effect on a keypress, so we can see how it behaves.
Reply #3 - Jul 23rd, 2009, 3:21am

i simply love it! i looked inside the flagellum class before, but your implementation is really impressive Smiley
Reply #4 - Jul 23rd, 2009, 6:39am

thank you for the source files... i learned a lot from them!!!
and, of course i LOVE those fishes.
Reply #5 - Jul 23rd, 2009, 8:01am

Thanks, glad people like it!

If there is any issue with the code, optimization or anything, please post it here

I manage to get a good frameRate with the ripple class in another sketch, but I belive that my problem is that I am calling loadPixels twice! I know very bad, so I will work on a new ripple class that gets a refresh canvas once every frame, basically doing a loadPixel one time per frame, hope this makes sence and if someone else sort it out let me know!

Cheers
rS
Reply #6 - Jul 23rd, 2009, 8:16am

Awesome, the animation on the fish is great! Stored or procedural?
Reply #7 - Jul 23rd, 2009, 8:34am

Is Procedural

The movement is done by the neck node in the flagellum class, this propagates the force to the rest of the body

Cheers
rS
Reply #8 - Jul 25th, 2009, 1:13am

simply beautiful!
Reply #9 - Jul 28th, 2009, 4:47am

Man...

Your code and your output are both beautiful!
Reply #10 - Jul 28th, 2009, 9:17am

Glad to see it turned out so well Smiley
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1