We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentLibraries,  Tool Development › 3D Physics Library(Under Construction)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
3D Physics Library(Under Construction) (Read 2552 times)
3D Physics Library(Under Construction)
Jul 17th, 2009, 1:46pm

Hello everyone,

I am working on a 3D physics library for Processing.

Implemented features :

* Rigid Body Dynamics
* Particle Dynamics
* RK4 integrator
* a Camera class
* some Primitive shapes(atm, it's just for testing)

ToDo list :

* Collision Detection&Response (i am working on it atm)
* various Forces
* (a) better Camera class(es)
* an Input mechanism(not sure about this)
* better Shapes
* an adaptive size Integrator(maybe.Gotta test RK4 for orbital movement first)
* Inverse Kinematics(i hope)
* Documentation
* Source code(this is for sure, yay!:)

Anyways,

The reason why i started this topic is to let you know that there is a physics library in development and any kind of requests,ideas, advices will be considered seriously.

cheers.

(my native language is not english.Sorry if i made any grammar mistakes)
Re: 3D Physics Library(Under Construction)
Reply #1 - Jul 18th, 2009, 3:04am

Wow. I know if I had to use a physics simulation engine, I would just pick an existing one, not make my own, for lack of competence in the math field. That's what I did, starting to learn JBox2D (I don't do much 3D).

I am curious why you do your own. Possible, classical answers are:
- For the learning value;
- Because it is fun;
- Because you think you can do better than the existing ones (better API, faster computations, etc.);
- To be rich and famous... Smiley

Anyway, best of luck in your goal!
Reply #2 - Jul 31st, 2009, 9:25am

Look forward to seeing it in action.
Reply #3 - Sep 18th, 2009, 5:26pm

Awesome!
Waiting to use it! Cheesy

Just one request Tongue for little-3D-games developers some camera movement would be just great. In P5 until my knowledge goes it is not possible attacha objects or drawings in front of the camera and move them along at the same time, like in first person POV, unless you know some 3D vector math (which I don't). so facilitating creation of forces to emulate thrust and that kind of stuff and an easy way to make all calculations, like in the "motion" library would be jus great! Cheesy
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1