We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Live Video Feed
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Live Video Feed (Read 784 times)
Live Video Feed
Jul 15th, 2009, 5:39pm

I'm looking for a way to send live video feed from processing program running on a internet connected laptop to another 'base' computer running processing.

I've checked out the Server and Client libraries and tutorials, but these don't look like viable options, or at least obvious ones, for this application.

Any thoughts?
Re: Live Video Feed
Reply #1 - Jul 15th, 2009, 10:04pm

If I google for java Live Video Feed (your title + Java...), I find this: Transmitting Video over RTP which is, AFAIK, one of the solutions used in JavaFX.
I haven't read the article and I don't know more... Wink
Re: Live Video Feed
Reply #2 - Jul 16th, 2009, 5:55am

Take a look at Most Pixels Ever.  The library can display the same sketch on multiple systems/screens using TCP/IP communication and a client / server architecture.  Reading the small description on this site for the library, it leads you to think multiple monitors on a single system, but the library scales to multiple systems and communicates over the network.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1