We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionExhibition › small-world networks
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
small-world networks (Read 837 times)
small-world networks
Jul 14th, 2009, 1:31pm

Hello,

I put this together for myself, but found that with some small changes I could make it (almost) user friendly enough that others could play with it. It seems relatively stable, so if you find small-world networks interesting, you might find this fun.

brianevans.net/sw/index.html

Enjoy,
Brian
Re: small-world networks
Reply #1 - Jul 15th, 2009, 5:00pm

Hi, this is neat!

I'd love if you experimented more and put small networks within the small network, and maybe put the small network within a bigger one :>
I like the simple graphics aswell but maybe different brightness of the lines would make it clearer.

hampus
Re: small-world networks
Reply #2 - Jul 16th, 2009, 7:19am

Cool, I love small-worldedness. Last year I was in a studygroup investigating small world networks and chaos.

pdl.brain.riken.jp/projects/Picard/
Thats the application of the guy who investigates it and mentored us.

Your app looks very cool and is great to show people the differences between various network types.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1