We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionExhibition › My first game: Hole-boy
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
My first game: Hole-boy (Read 1248 times)
My first game: Hole-boy
Jul 14th, 2009, 5:19am

Hello!
This is my very first completed game, made for teaching myself some basic programming. You can not use arrow-keys for movement as I couldn't manage to get those working, so 'w' and 's' it is.

http://www.hampusberndtson.com/hole-boy/

I wasn't aware of that you could import fonts so all text is made with line(); so most of the source-code is lines making letters, haha! I think the game is neat but lacks a high score which would make it way funnier.

Thanks for looking! (Don't forget to read the awesome story;/)
hampus
Re: My first game: Hole-boy
Reply #1 - Jul 14th, 2009, 5:29am

Amusing and not bad for a first try! Although I am not too sure how score is computed.
I hate the wsad key controls, as I have a French keyboard: a is on top row and w on bottom... Smiley
Reply #2 - Jul 14th, 2009, 9:06am

Thank you!
Well I am terribly sorry about the w,a,s & d, haha! I tried to avoid it, but my laptop didn't listen to when i pressed the arrow-keys. I should make a french version ;)

The score is counted +1 point everytime the ball goes through the net. Your score is x2 is you manage to win a bet. This is very hard though.
Reply #3 - Jul 14th, 2009, 10:46am

hampus wrote on Jul 14th, 2009, 9:06am:
I should make a french version ;)
The "right" solution is to allow user to choose keys himself. Not obvious to do in Processing, though.

The concept is original, at least. :-)
Reply #4 - Jul 16th, 2009, 7:23am

Really cool  Grin I love the animation on the dude.
Reply #5 - Jul 16th, 2009, 1:25pm

The look of the net / character is great!

This is hard though...  Cry
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1