We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionGeneral Discussion,  Status › Howto organize the sketch Glowdoodle2.zip
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Howto organize the sketch Glowdoodle2.zip ? (Read 673 times)
Howto organize the sketch Glowdoodle2.zip ?
Jul 3rd, 2009, 7:47pm

Dear Processing community,

as Glowdoodle2.app (for Mac OS X) is probably attracting a lot of more newcomers to Processing (like myself), here is my question:

How do we have to organize the downloaded zip-file to have it in our sketchbook for our own experiments with code variations?

When Unzipping I got the following file structure:

/glowdoodle2.macosx
-/glowdoodle2.app
-/ImageUploaderCallback.java
-/source
--/glowdoodle_asynch_upload4
---/glowdoodle_asynch_upload4.pde
---/glowdoodle_asynch_upload4.java
--/ImageUploader
---/ImageUploader.pde
---/ImageUploaderCallback.java

By consulting the Processing Reference, I found the
Sketchbook located in

*/Documents/Processing
-libraries
-sketch_jul04a
--sketch_jul04a.pde

with libraries empty and a "hello world" test-sketch in the directory
sketch_jul04a.pde, which I produced myself.

My first intuitive try was to drag and drop the zip file on the workspace
(i.e. editor window), but this comfortable way didn't work.

So I ask you for the handling of this source download.

Thank you
Fridemar

PS0.:
Suggestion: What about a Web Sketch Import function, that takes away the described handling trouble for the benefit of as many as possible people.

Perhaps there is even such a trick, I didn't discover yet  Cheesy

PS1:
Meanwhile I asked also here:
superduper.org/processing/fullscreen_api/#feedbackForm

Jul 4th, 2009, 1:49pm

PS2:
OpenLetterToEricRosenbaum
Close Me

o edit wiki
         o history

Three questions to the software of EricRosenbaum

Dear Eric, thank you for sharing your work and innovative software with the open community.

As I know that the time of a creative person is extremely precious, I write to you this email as a wikipage <-> OpenLetterToEricRosenbaum , bilinked from the wikipages <-> EricRosenbaum.com and <-> GlowDoodle.com to give your work and marvels even more exposure.

If you answer there, or in the forum [[1]], your writing serves thousands of interested people with one stroke and you need not waist your time in bilateral emails. Of course, the same holds for all other peers, involved in this dialogue, which I happily connect with each other, by annotating, bookmarking and bilinking the involved public spaces.

(1) As I tried my best to find out, I posted my questions, concerning GlowDoodle, how to set up this software as a sketch in Processing on [Processing: GlowDoodle2.zip].

Could you please advise us how to set up a sketch of Glowdoodle2.zip ?

(2) Searching for your email address, I found a nice applet of you, CuriosityMachine, for which I ask permission, to use it for demonstrations, how to embed it into social annotations, like this one [Trailfire:CuriosityEngine] .

(3) Do you grant similar permissions for your other applets, found at aboutus.org/EricRosenbaum.com and web.mit.edu/~eric_r/Public/ ?

Best fridemar 17:47, 4 July 2009 (PDT)
Categories:
Collaboration | OpenBusiness | OpenSource

If somebody here could answer, this helps to reduce the burdon of Eric.
Thank you.
Jul 4th, 2009, 6:03pm
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1