We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionExhibition › Snake game
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Snake game (Read 1004 times)
Snake game
Jun 26th, 2009, 3:17pm

Hy,
I'm new here...
I'm trying to do a classic snake game in Processing and I have a problem...
When I want to change direction of the snake I don't see every pieces of the snake moving from vertical to horizontal or from horizontal to vertical... it moves all the pieces together. I tried to delete the last piece and move it to the top of the snake, but in vain. I used ellipses to create the snake pieces.
I really need help with this problem, and I need it quickly ... Please help me...
My English is not so good,  I hope you understand what my problem is.
Re: Snake game
Reply #1 - Jun 26th, 2009, 3:23pm

1) Wrong section of forum, this one is to show finished programs.
2) Not enough information to help you.
Reply #2 - Jun 26th, 2009, 3:31pm

Hello Smiley

The 'Exhibition' forum is here to show things you've completed.  You should post questions in Programs or Syntax Questions.  That way they're more likely to be seen sooner by someone who may be able to help.  It also often helps to post your code.

It's late where I am so I'm not going to post a long answer; but usually where you have lots of segments following each other you control one segment through user control and then get the other segments to each follow on from the one in front...  The only problem you may have with snake is that I guess you'll want it to move in straight lines and turn at right angles.  I'm sure there's a simple solution to that; but I've been staring at the screen for too long and my brain hurts  Smiley
Reply #3 - Jun 26th, 2009, 3:51pm

sorry for the post in a wrong section... I'm so hopeless that i'll finish the game before the deadline...
I will put it in a right section.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1