We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › traer.physics age() does not return anything
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
traer.physics age() does not return anything (Read 653 times)
traer.physics age() does not return anything
Jun 24th, 2009, 5:28am

Hi,

i have a odd problem, and wanted to see if anyone encountered it before...

i have 3 diffrent particle systems in my scetch, all worked fine, but i noticed, that the particles were not deleted anymore. i figured out, that when i call pX.age(), it always returns 0.0

i cant find any misstake, and when i reduce to only one Particle system, the correct age is given an counted normaly...

this is really odd, since i have to use diffrent systems. i tryed looking through the source, but im too dumb to figure it out -.-

any suggestions?

thx,
Troop
Re: traer.physics age() does not return anything
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2009, 6:22am

okay, i figured it out: the version with only one particesystem had as mode RUNGE_KUTTA, while i set the sketch with 3 diffrent systems to MODIFIED_EULER for preformance reasons.

turns out MODIFIED_EULER doesnt count the age ...

still odd but good to know.

when anyone knows a way to make MODIFIED_EULER count the age of the particles, lt me know, cause its much faster with as many particles as i use.

troop
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1