We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionEvents,  Publications,  Opportunities › Processing user group in Berlin
Pages: 1 2 
Processing user group in Berlin (Read 8088 times)
Processing user group in Berlin
Jun 17th, 2009, 1:18am

Hi

TweakingKnobs (tweakingknobs.com) and me (alvaro.kulturserver-berlin.de) are interested in starting a user group in Berlin. Both of us are newbies to Processing. This is a call to artists, programmers, hackers of any level to join us.

cu
alvaro
Re: Processing user group in Berlin
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2009, 1:38am

I'm in! Let me know how best to get in touch.
Reply #2 - Jun 24th, 2009, 2:53am

Me too.
Reply #3 - Jun 25th, 2009, 3:09am

Hi all,

thanks for your replies. I've started to look for a place where we could meet in Berlin. My personal view on the thing is to organize a kind of flying jour fixe, ie. once a month but in different places, making a point that processing.org is a cross-context, cross-media environment. Of course, this is my personal view, if you have something else in mind let's discuss it here.
I think end of July is a realistic date for a first meeting. If you prefer another date let me know.

cu soon
alvaro

Reply #4 - Jun 25th, 2009, 4:31am

Great !

I was in the Arduino workshop in the IMA center and i meet some people who are doing some stuff with processing, I will send them an e-mail asking them if they want to join.

I didnt met everyone but there is a list here: http://workshopberlin.wufoo.com/reports/arduino-workshop-berlin-20210609/ , with the people who signed up , so some others that i didnt meet may also be interested.

@ Alvaro : I will write an e-mail to send to all those guys and i pass it to you in case you want to improve somehow.

Great !   Wink
Reply #5 - Jun 25th, 2009, 5:25am

Awesome, looking forward to meeting you all. End of July is fine, sooner is also fine. Let me know Alvaro if you need any help from me getting things organized.
First Meeting
Reply #6 - Jun 27th, 2009, 5:57am

Good news!

I had a very nice talk today with Kris from Emitter19 Studios. He agreed to let us use their offices for our first meeting. Emitter19 is a new sound studio situated in Berlin Treptow and specializes in soundtracks for artistic films. So nice to know them.

I propose we meet on Saturday the 25 of July, noonish. Bring your ideas and plans and a laptop if you have one.

Please let me know if you will come, just to have an idea how many people will show up. Participation is free, but there is a kitty to support the studios if you can.

Alvaro
Reply #7 - Jun 27th, 2009, 5:58am

would be nice to have a beamer. anybody?
Reply #8 - Jun 30th, 2009, 1:09am

Hi

do you think it would be useful to set up a mailinglist, at nabble.com or something? Then we could post in german Smiley
Reply #9 - Jun 30th, 2009, 2:00am

I'm actually Canadian, but my German is getting better, so it doesn't matter whether the mailing list would be in English or German! Good idea, though.

I don't know if I can make the 25th, looks like I'll be away that weekend for a week. if it's inconvenient for everyone else to change that date, then I can come along to the next one...
Reply #10 - Jun 30th, 2009, 3:33am

to bad im not berlin based...
Reply #11 - Jun 30th, 2009, 4:16am

@jbucks: Oh no we are just 5 people now, so it's very important that everybody can come, at least in the beginning. The week of 18. July, then Kris can't come. How about the 1. or 8. of august?  Everybody here?

Reply #12 - Jun 30th, 2009, 4:55am

Mhmm it seems that the most of us are on Holiday sometimes in July/August. Maybe its possibles to meet short date one of the next weekends?
Reply #13 - Jun 30th, 2009, 7:16am

yeah you're right. But then we'll have to find another place, because Kris is not there till the 18. of July, so we can't meet at the studio. too bad. It's difficult to find a place on such a short term, but maybe somebody has a plan?
Reply #14 - Jul 1st, 2009, 3:05am

I'll be free any weekend after the weekend of Aug 8  - so weekend of Aug 15 onwards. How about meeting on Aug 15, does that work for everyone? If we also wanted to meet informally before that (over beer or coffee) we could do that sometime in July (before 25th)?
Pages: 1 2