We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware,  Documentation,  Website Suggestions › "Get Notification" button doesn't work in Safari
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
"Get Notification" button doesn't work in Safari (Read 1703 times)
"Get Notification" button doesn't work in Safari
Jun 8th, 2009, 11:12am

Since the Discourse forums were upgraded to YaBB 2.3.1 Forum Software (maybe a couple months ago?), some new buttons have appeared at the top and bottom of each thread, including:

Add to Favorites
Get Notification

The latter would be useful to me, but it doesn't work for me (at least in Safari 4).  Clicking the button seems to trigger an overlay/confirmation box, but it appears *beneath* all other page content, so I can't read what it says.

Just wanted to report this in case others are seeing the same thing.  Hopefully a future YaBB update will fix it.
Re: "Get Notification" button doesn't work in Safari
Reply #1 - Jun 18th, 2009, 8:37am

Hmm, no responses.  Am I the only one having this issue?
Reply #2 - Jun 18th, 2009, 11:50am

Actually, I never use this feature.
Note that if you reply to a thread, there is a check box to be notified of replies. But I suppose the button is still useful to silently follow a thread.
So, out of curiosity, I clicked on the button (on Windows XP, Firefox 3). And indeed, I saw a gray box appearing behind the current elements.
If I scroll the page, it remains in place (relatively to the browser window), so I could see what it say: "Adding notification". Since it is "adding", I don't know (yet?) if it finished the task.
With Firebug I changed the z-index property of the created div (to 100) and it was in front of the elements. But it gives a feeling of broken feature.
Reply #3 - Jun 18th, 2009, 2:41pm

Yes!  Glad it's not just me.

The same thing happens for the "add to favorites" button.  The gray box appears, and says "Adding favorite..." but that never actually happens.  Notifications are never added, either.

I sometimes find a thread that is interesting or useful to me, and would like to be notified of updates, even though I don't have anything useful to contribute.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1