We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › Can I get the coordinates of my .obj
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Can I get the coordinates of my .obj? (Read 664 times)
Can I get the coordinates of my .obj?
May 31st, 2009, 6:03pm

I'm using OBJ loader to get an .obj model in my sketch. I'm trying to use OCD to simply set the camera target on the obj's location. But when I use the same coordinates for both the translate() of the obj and the camera's target coordinates, they don't match up.

So I'm looking for one of two things here, if anyone can help. I either would like to somehow return my obj's actual location so that I can visualize the location with a marker and properly offset the camera view, or at least know what I'm doing wrong that's screwing everything up.

I know this is a little vague, but I'm stuck here so I figured I'd give it a shot.
Re: Can I get the coordinates of my .obj?
Reply #1 - Jun 2nd, 2009, 7:14am

Just an update on this post. I just did it the hard way. I coded a little tool with key commands to just inch the model into the correct position and record the positioning of everything so I could use it for a snap-to method in my main project.

But, as a request to the OBJloader guys, this would be a nice feature to consider in future releases. I'll make sure and post this on the library site as well...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1