We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › fullscreen lib question // resolution selector
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
fullscreen lib question // resolution selector (Read 801 times)
fullscreen lib question // resolution selector
May 26th, 2009, 5:23pm

I'd like to create a little resolution selector (like in pc games), meaning that the programm starts at a resolution of something like 300x300 and then one can select the desired resolution and click on a button and the sketch chances resolution and goes to fullscreen.

only problem is that i am not quite sure if this is possible using the fullscreen lib, wouldn't the screen function have to accept variables to do this?

thanks!
Re: fullscreen lib question // resolution selector
Reply #1 - Jun 2nd, 2009, 10:24am

You can use the controlP5 library to work with multiple windows. Perhaps you could set up something where a second little window comes up with a resolution selector for the main window. I'm not sure if you could get that to run before the main window executes, but this is a good place to start.

This is the main controlP5 library page
and
Here is some good example code to get started with using multiple windows that talk to each other.

That's my only knowledge on the subject. Hope it helps somewhat.  Undecided
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1