We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › tracker with special area: Blobs
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
tracker with special area: Blobs? (Read 378 times)
tracker with special area: Blobs?
May 28th, 2009, 7:38am

heho!
..I start to be a processing-junkie, but I still have some problems.. Shocked

My project:
the camera/processing tracks a moving object (green, with a hole). If the perspective of the object changes (because of moves) the hole gets bigger or smaller. Sound should be conected to this different sizes.

I have the lonely parts (colortrack, blob-detection connected to sound), but I can't put it together logically...

please help me, if that is the right way:
1.) color tracking (for green)
2.) define an area around this colortrack for blobs-detection
(finally I want to have different color-objects, so I think its better to define an area around the colortrack, otherwise it start to jump to the other objects)
3.) blob detection in this area for the hole-size-> big blobsize=sound, small size = quiet

Is that the best way?
-> Or should I don't use the blob-detection/OpenCV?
(Is there a better size-recongnicing-code for moving elements?)
-> How can I definate an area around the tracker?
(In which part of the code I have to put this)

Sorry, for so many questions...
Thanks for helps!
Re: tracker with special area: Blobs?
Reply #1 - May 28th, 2009, 9:30am

No answers, but just a little advice: you don't really ask a syntax question (that would be about the language or the functions or such), more like a video question. Asking it in the Video section would improve your chances of getting the attention of somebody knowledgeable in the field...
Re: tracker with special area: Blobs?
Reply #2 - May 29th, 2009, 1:20am

Thanks - I did now!

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1