We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › "applet not found" problem
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
"applet not found" problem (Read 2021 times)
"applet not found" problem
May 18th, 2009, 4:25am

Hello!I have a problem.
I want to put one small processing applet on my web-site. I export it in processing and then put all files in root directory.
I tryed opera and ff and all that i see is "applet not found". What is wrong?

site
nillunit.org
Re: "applet not found" problem
Reply #1 - May 18th, 2009, 4:51am

I have a slightly different error in Firefox 3:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
     at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.getUTF8String(Unknown Source)
(etc. -- as seen in the Java console)

I downloaded the pulse.jar file, but I couldn't open it with 7-Zip nor some other archivers. So it looks like the file was incorrectly generated.
Reply #2 - May 18th, 2009, 10:33am

of course it works well offline
Reply #3 - May 18th, 2009, 3:23pm

Not for me. Perhaps you uploaded the file with FTP in Ascii mode instead of binary mode or something like that.
Reply #4 - May 19th, 2009, 6:25am

ive uploaded jar file in binary mode..and nothing changed  Undecided
Reply #5 - May 19th, 2009, 6:53am

Well, I still download a corrupted .jar file. You should download it and try a binary compare with your, if you say it works locally (how do you test it locally, BTW?).
What is your system? Do you have accented chars in the path or file names? (I just poke around possible problems...)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1